Tuesday 1 December 2015

Happy December!

I can't believe it is December already!! This year seems to have flown by! 

Even though this will be Skye's third christmas (WHAT?!!) I'm really excited this year as she is starting to understand what it's all about! I really want to make a lot of effort every year, not only to make Christmas day, but the whole of December a really exciting time for her! I remember christmas always seeming like such a magical time, where everyone was happy, and everything felt somehow different - I'm sure the giant tree in our living room helped with that! I've always loved christmas - the decorating, shopping, surprises and food and I hope to make every year special and exciting for Skye!

We have decided this year to gather a few christmassy bits for her to use through December and we will give it to her on the 1st December. I want to try and do this every year, obviously finding different bits and pieces each year! 

Here are a few of the things in her box this year:

Santa toy
Christmas puzzle
Christmas books
Christmas DVD's
Chocolate coins (her favourite!)
A Santa Key as we don't have a chimney
A tray for her to leave Santa's mince pie and Rudolph's carrot!
Christmas socks
A sign to hang on her bedroom door
Christmas slippers
Santa bib



I wanted to put some christmas pyjamas and a christmas cup in for her but haven't yet found one I like and the pyjamas are yet to arrive! So this year she may have an extra little surprise!

Obviously she won't have this many things every year! Some of the things are from last year we just thought we'd include them as she probably wouldn't remember them!
If you want to try this idea then good places to get inexpensive things are card shops and discount shops! It doesn't have to cost a lot!

We got the elf on the shelf last year as a gift from her godfather but she was a bit too young to really understand, so this year we will tell her the elf has brought her these christmas bits from Santa!



I am so excited to enjoy December with her !! Hopefully I can share more christmas posts throughout December as well :D

 





No comments:

Post a Comment