Wednesday 14 June 2017

What We Wear.

Skye is only 3.5 years old but she definitely already has her own way that she likes to dress!


I always want to encouraged Skye to explore with her style and dress in a way that she likes to dress.

I remember when I was growing up, I had my own style, but was always afraid to wear what I wanted, just incase. I remember so many times putting on one outfit and loving it and then when my mum said we were leaving the house, I would rush upstairs and change. I was always afraid of what people would say! I gradually came out of this phase at around the time I was leaving school, but still was quite reserved in my clothing choices!

Now as an adult, I hate that I didn't express myself more, and show more of who I was when I was growing up. I hate that others made me feel that I couldn't be myself.

I remember being probably 14/15 and going to Bristol with my sister, and some girls walking behind us, spoke very loudly, obviously so we could hear (well done girls!) saying we were greebers. What the eff is a greeber?!! We were also called goths, avril lavigne.. the list goes on.. all as you can tell super original insults! However I didn't take it as an insult. I was pretty chuffed that I was different enough to get a reaction! I was just glad that they felt the need to comment, because it meant I wasn't like them!

This is something I would like Skye to be able to do. I want her to feel comfortable being different if she chooses to be, I want her to be happy to shrug off other peoples comments.

I know I spent far too long worrying about what other people would think, even being too afraid to wear my hair in a different way, just incase!

I hope to raise Skye to know that everyone is different, and however they choose to dress shouldn't affect how you treat them.



Thanks for reading! x


Dress: H&M
Shoes: Converse
Socks: Ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment