Tuesday 18 October 2016

Co-sleeping Mama

I laid in bed the other night with my darling daughter snuggled next to me, we were chatting and laughing and I thought how much I loved these moments with her.



Ususally of course we don't sit in bed chatting and laughing but Dom wasn't feeling well so we went up earlier than usual to let him have an early night... even if it was on the sofa! Who has the patience to deal with a snoring husband... not me!!

As it got later we snuggled down to go to sleep and I felt her little hand stroke my face in the darkness and she kissed my forehead. "Good night mummy" came her little voice, and my heart felt as though it might just burst!!

I laid in the darkness listening to her breathing begin to slow and I knew she was drifting off. I began to wonder how anyone could not love co-sleeping!

Obviously we don't co-sleep all the time, sometimes she will sneak into our room in the early hours of the morning and snuggle in with us to go back to sleep, but on the odd occasion and since she's been a little poorly lately she has been asking to sleep in our bed. I don't really mind it so we let her lay in the middle and we all sleep soundly... (usually!)

I definitely have had those nights though where some time between falling asleep and the morning my daughter turns in to a leg squirming wiggly starfish type creature! Don't get me wrong, it's not always the cute instagram picture I may post!!  I think the super king bed was for sure a good buy!



I know co-sleeping is definitely a love/hate topic, but I have to say for me it's for sure a love, and I will 100% miss these days when she no longer wants to crawl in to our bed and hold my hand to fall back to sleep!



Georgie x

No comments:

Post a Comment