Monday 20 March 2017

I don't need you mummy!

Why are these words so hard to hear?!

Skye just went to use the toilet, and she marched in ahead of me, stopped at the door and said "I don't need you mummy.." she pulled the door shut behind her and left me stood outside wondering where my baby went!!

It seems like only yesterday that she couldn't even hold her own head up without me, now she apparently doesn't need me!

It so tough to hear as a mum (or dad!) that they don't need you and obviously we know that's not true,  I mean come on she's three, but still ..!!

On the flip side though it makes me so proud how grown up she is becoming, and she's really found her confidence in doing things for herself since starting nursery.

Anyone else clinging on to the baby years, dragging them out for as long as possible?!


No comments:

Post a Comment